Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Marine Corps Ball 2011...

Once a year we get to attend a ball 
to celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday.
It's such an amazing feeling to be in a 
huge ball room filled with marines celebrating
the greatness of the Marine Corps & every single marine
past & present who have served our country.
This year was extra special for us,
not only because we got to celebrate with great friends,
but also because we had R. Lee Ermey as our special
He was so funny & so down to earth.
We got his autograph & he joked around with us,
which was hilarious & made the night that much better.
Hubby & I had pictures taken before
we went to the ball by the lovely Rach Lea Photography
 which are so fun for me to look at because we 
can not be serious & I couldn't stop laughing.
I didn't really try on my dress until the day of, so it was a little
 big on me. It hung off my torso too much, and was
a little too long, but I still loved the dress & only
tripped a few times lol. Plus I had
a little more room to move haha...

source


Source


Source


source


source


source


& here is a few pictures from the iphone....


Getting R. Lee Ermey's signature 


Ball dress & sunnies...


Nails & Cocktail ring...


You may remember R. Lee Ermey from this great movie, Full Metal Jacket...

source
I am still jealous of the people who got to have Justin Timberlake
at their ball {You can read Justin's blog post about his ball here}
I got my dress from Windsor Store online, & I am so impressed
with the customer service & shipping time, I really recommend them!
I hope you are having an amazing week, my week has been great...
working on a few projects & getting ready for guests next week.
Talk to you soon!
xx Liz Marie

Ps. For more about my marine wife life Click {Here} to read about my husbands deployment homecoming. I love my marine!!

28 comments:

  1. YOu look BEAUTIFUL, as usual

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow you look amazing and that's so awesome you guys were able to get pictures to remember that special night. I bet everyone asks you if Justin Timberlake was at that ball?? LOL

    I wish I was that confident with how I looked to not try on a dress I bought! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress looked stunning! Oh how I miss the "do's" in the Mess! I loved getting all dressed up in beautiful ball gowns...was never brave enough to leave it until the day to try on tho! Although one time I bought a cocktail dress and the store left the security tag on and I didn't realise until I put it on to go down to dinner and felt it clanking on my knee! Funny thing was the alarms went off when I left the shop and no-one batted an eyelid! And I thought it was just the alarms acting up! i had to rip the lining in the dress to get the darned thing off so i could get to the Mess on time!

    Glad you had such a great evening! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is absolutely beautiful! and im soo jealous of your tiny rockin body misses! Im glad you had fun!
    XOXO

    My Bloggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you guys look adorable. your dress is gorgeous!
    Wish you and your hubby the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is sooo pretty! And so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty. the ring and the nails.. love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful couple! Thank you for all you do for us as a country as a military family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two make a great looking couple! Bring on the bling girl!!! :-) And please thank your sweetheart for his service! It brings great meaning to Thanksgiving. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Semper Fi! I've been to three USMC balls and had a blast at every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband went to school with Ermy's daughter, you looked beautiful btw, glad you and your husband had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You look beautiful. Your husband looks very dashing in his uniform...is it amazing to be in a ROOM FULL of men in dress uniforms? I'm glad you got such wonderful pictures before the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHH BEAUTIFUL PICTURES,YOU ARE ADORABLE!!YOUR DRESS IS FANTASTIC AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look stunning! Both Hubby and I were Marines....oh, how I miss the balls. It was so amazing to see so many Marines and girls dressed up for such a fantastic event.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE YOUR DRESS!!...LOVE YOUR NAILS!!...AND LOVE YOUR RING!!...MAKES ME MISS MY PROM DAYS...AND WHAT JUSTIN SAID WAS AWESOME..I ENJOYED READING HIS BLOG POST TOO!! GLAD HE ENDED UP ACCEPTING HIS INVIATION TO THE BALL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hallo. I am your new follower from Blog It Forward Tuesday(with name: picturinglife). Please return follow my GFC at http://julianabitspieces.blogspot.com

    This is my FB page http://www.facebook.com/julianabitspieces if you are new fans there. Leave a comment there and I'll follow you back.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you guys look amazing I LOVE your dress! I'd love it if you'd like this up at my link party at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing! And your bow ring is super cute... Hope you had fun.

    Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous dress! My husband is a Marine too and we had R. Lee Ermey as a speaker a few years ago. Best ball speaker ever! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You guys look great! That dress is beautiful. My son just joined the Marines, he begins boot camp in the summer after he graduates HS. Hopefully this ball will be something he looks forward to also.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your dress is sooooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. awww :)
    I love posts like this!

    NEW FOLLOWER!

    I am a *new* (within the last month) military wife. Trying to figure it out/ get used to it! Just got married a month ago, only engaged 3 months before that, and I'm going to be sending my hubby off for deployment in the next 2 or 3 months..
    we live a crazy life don't we?


    lovelovelove
    moo.

    http://themusingsoflilmoomoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for linking up I just wanted to let you know I'm featuring this tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, you look amazing! Love your dress and you are rocking it!

    (via RaeGun Ramblings)

    ReplyDelete
  25. New follower. You are so stunning. That dress is sensational! My BIL is a Marine and is getting married this weekend, Marine style! I can't wait to see him in his dress blues when he says "I Do!"

    www.luxeboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. so jealous! first, because our navy ball was cancelled this year due to lack of tickets sold!!! ergh. second, r. lee ermey?? really?! i think i'd enjoy him more than timberlake. :)
    your dress was gorgeous, btw!

    ReplyDelete